Hello from Dr. Jen! This is your 5 Step Lifestyle Medicine Plan for Ultimate Health! These 5 Steps are the core ingredients to overcome your health struggles and to help prevent chronic diseases as you get older so that you can enjoy your life to the fullest…Everyday!
Can you relate to any of these questions?
- “What are the most important things to consider when trying to prevent premature aging, chronic disease, sagging skin, weight gain and getting “older?”
- “I feel like I am in pretty good shape and workout regularly and I feel like I eat right most of the time but I keep gaining weight little by little, feel tired all the time and not as young and vibrant as I want to feel. What can I do better or is it “just my hormones” and “part of aging?”
- “I look in the mirror and wish I had known about sunscreen and a good skincare regimen when I was a teen and through my thirties. I really didn’t worry about it then and now I want to look youthful again. What is the best way to rejuvenate and repair my skin without surgery?”
- “I want to prevent having to take a lot of prescription pills for everything that comes along- high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, allergies, dry eyes, aching joints and back, headaches, trouble sleeping, indigestion, dry skin, high cholesterol- so what can I do to maximize my health BEFORE these things effect me and my lifestyle?”
If you were nodding your head “YES” to any of these, read on, because this program is for YOU!
At the core (literally) of Dr. Jen’s 5 Step Lifestyle Medicine Plan is Gut Health. Ultimate health starts with the gut or gastrointestinal tract. More and more the medical literature is concluding that the integrity of the gut from ingestion, digestion, absorption, microbiome, and excretion are critical components of everything from our immune systems, cardiovascular health, glucose metabolism, brain and mental health, even allergies, asthma and hormone regulation. Excessive inflammation in the body is the root cause of almost all diseases and cancers. If you don’t address this first, you will not fully achieve optimal health. Period.
Dr. Jen’s 5 Step Lifestyle Medicine Plan Looks Like This:
Even if you do not have GI symptoms such as bloating and reflux, you could still have a compromised gut lining, causing a host of other health problems. This is termed “Leaky Gut” syndrome in Functional Medicine, or “Intestinal Permeability” in more Traditional Medicine. This evaluation looks at the possible factors that could be causing damage to your GI tract, leading to toxins, bacteria and incompletely digested large particles (like gluten) getting into your cells that otherwise wouldn’t be allowed. Over time, this causes systemic inflammation and immune reactions that can lead to many conditions that you probably wouldn’t think of- depression, anxiety, headaches, frequent colds, food sensitivities, autoimmune thyroid disease, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, eczema, fibromyalgia, constipation, weight gain, IBS, adrenal insufficiency and chronic fatigue syndrome- to name just a few. Now is the time to rebuild and fortify your gut lining to ensure that your body can absorb good nutrients and get rid of the bad stuff (toxins, pathogens, certain foods) that can accumulate and lead to disease and premature aging.
In our 24/7 “tuned-in” lifestyle it is difficult to imagine a stress-free extended period of time. Our bodies have not evolved to stay in a constant state of hypervigilance. Because of this, our adrenal glands, the little glands that sit like a hat on top of our kidneys, become over-worked. The adrenal glands are super active and produce over 50 hormones working very closely with our hypothalamus and pituitary glands (in our brains), known as the HPA Axis. If you are in a chronic stress state, your adrenal glands will not be able to keep up and this will alter all of your other hormone production as well. Addressing the adrenal (cortisol) glands, first, will allow the body to function in a more relaxed state that promotes balance, proper hormone production, weight loss and ultimately, optimal health. Your other hormones are important, too, and estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, insulin, and thyroid hormone will be evaluated in this step as well. A natural therapeutic approach with diet modifications and nutritional supplements will be used to keep hormone harmony.
The skin is the largest organ of the body. It is our protective barrier from the outside world. It is also a reflection of what is going on inside our bodies. Many diseases will eventually manifest themselves on our skin and you can see evidence of that in the mirror daily. Things like wrinkles, sun spots, saggy skin, accumulation of fatty deposits or abdominal fat, cellulite, hair loss, eczema, and rosacea are all signs of imbalance within the inside of our cells. By evaluating your skin, it is possible to diagnose and treat underlying problems to achieve whole body health and to look your best at every age. The foods that we put in our bodies as well as our environmental exposures can have a negative impact on our skin and by addressing whole body health your skin will look years younger.
You don’t have to be a professional athlete to step up your game and be fit. There are many benefits that come from leading an active lifestyle of movement and exercise. The studies are endless that demonstrate that the more active you are, the longer and healthier life you will lead. But, not all types of exercise are equally beneficial. Excessive cardio can actually lead to elevated cortisol and ultimately weight gain. Personalizing your program is key, and with the proper nutritional support and supplements you will be able to call yourself an athlete for life.
Functional Fitness For Your Ideal Body
Functional Fitness Training involves using a combination of whole body movements in a three-dimensional plane that strengthens all your muscles, burns fat, and helps to maintain flexibility and balance. Dr. Jen has been an athlete for all of her life but low back injuries caused her to re-examine her fitness routine, building in more core exercises and focusing on injury prevention and creating a balanced body from front to back. Functional training is designed to challenge you at all fitness levels and to help you remain active throughout your life.
This might just be the most important piece of the 5 Step Plan. You can do all of the above, but if you don’t believe in yourself, feel connected to yourself and others, have the ability to express gratitude and feel self-compassion, are not doing what you love, have fulfilling and supportive relationships and are not learning and growing everyday, then none of the rest will really matter. The scientific body of evidence of the mind/body connection is large and growing. Our minds are so powerful and how we think directly impacts our physical health. When there is one piece of the puzzle that is missing in your wellness, or achieving ultimate health and happiness, this is always it. Each person is unique in this department. By addressing this component head-on and discovering your personal areas for improvement, you can redefine your life and achieve ultimate health, joy and fulfillment!
How It Works:
Dr. Jen’s Elite Lifestyle Coaching Program is designed for personal 1:1 medical coaching or for small semi-private groups. As a medical doctor, all your bases will be covered with evidence-based practices rooted in a holistic and integrative approach to women’s health care. Dr. Jen understands the complex nature of women’s issues from a professional and personal perspective and it is her mission to not only help you succeed but to live a life of meaning and fulfillment.
Dr. Jen individualizes treatment plans that may include:
- An Elimination Diet (getting rid of foods that may be affecting you adversely)
- Add healing, anti-inflammatory foods with recipes for your busy life
- Prescribe nutritional supplements to replenish deficiencies and prevent chronic disease
- Recommend personalized vitamins and minerals for ultimate health maintenance
- Address your gut health, repair nutrient deficiencies, restore the gut microbiome
- Give you stress management techniques and tools, and supplements to help your adrenals heal
- Recommend the right kinds of exercise, the best ways to protect your joints, muscle recovery foods and supplements, how to build lean muscle and promote fat loss, enhance athletic performance and treat chronic pain
- Work on naturally balancing your hormones through diet and supplements
- Help you reconnect your Mind and Body for ultimate health and happiness
- Rejuvenate and repair your skin from the inside out by addressing any underlying issues
- Order specialty laboratory tests that will provide pertinent information to understanding your condition
The details of your program will be discussed once your application is accepted. To apply please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialty Laboratory Testing May Include:
- Spectracell- Nutritional and Micronutrient testing, Hormone testing, Cardiometabolic, Telomere testing
- Genova Diagnostics- Nutritional Evaluation, GI Effects, Hormone Panels
- Cell Sciences ALCAT or Cyrex- Food intolerance and sensitivity testing
- Several others based on your specific requirements
Specialty, Medical Grade Supplement Companies:
- Pure Encapsulations
- Ancient Nutrition, Axe Naturals
- DaVinci Laboratories
- Physicians Exclusive (MegaSpore ProBiotics)
What Makes Us Unique:
Dr. Jen is not just a health coach or a dietitian, she is a Functional and Lifestyle Medicine Physician who can give you expert, backed-by-science, treatment programs to optimize your nutrition, fitness and mindset that actually work to completely transform your health. By addressing the root cause of your symptoms and creating harmony in the body, mind and soul, you can make the shift from a life !of just barely surviving to a life full of energy, vitality and extraordinary adventures!
Come along with me, and let’s raise health together, one woman at a time!